Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The New adventures of New Lisa


A couple of months ago I started to really question what exactly I was doing with my life. The real problem was that I didn’t feel like I was doing enough, I was becoming despondent at work, bored and frustrated. There is a whole world out there and here I sat taking a small and tasteless nibble of the giant cake I wanted a huge chunk out of.

So, then began a journey and one I didn’t think I’d be taking so soon. One year ago I thought I had it all figured out, I was extremely happy with my job and it seemed like the right place to be for the foreseeable future. Well, I couldn’t have been more wrong! What a naïve view, I was deluded, completely unaware of the hellish year that lay ahead. But the upside is that I was forced to look at my choice and take a brave step forward.

After resigning, the huge burden of was lifted, I felt that finally I could start digging in to that big chunk of cake I so desperately wanted. But of course, where to begin? If there’s this great big world out there, what’s the first step into it? Well, that is the most exciting and scary part, exploring options and finding what really grabs you. Of course, that brings a whole new level of anxiety about the future, now that I’m floating around, where to touch down? Who knows if I’ll like what I dabble in next? Deep breath and take on one venture at a time. Well, that’s the plan anyway. So as I sit here typing this, in my last few weeks at work, there’s one thing I know for sure – I  don’t know what is right for me but one thing I know is this isn’t.


















1 comment:

  1. I wish you luck and happiness in your new future, friend! :) It's an exciting time and I know you'll easily find something you love and that loves you back.

    ReplyDelete