Friday, January 14, 2011

The Light At The Beginning Of The Tunnel

For the first time in my life I'm not 100% sure of my next step but have come to the realisation that the next step will come to me. Not by sitting back and doing nothing and awaiting the universe's answer but by networking, networking, networking. It's been an interesting road so far, the anguish of the unknown has all but engulfed me at times, but I have managed to pull myself out of the quicksand that threatened to suck me in. It all seemed so clear before, school - varsity - post-graduate - job = sorted. Right? Oh, so very very wrong. So, here I sit with what I now realise is not something to be afraid of but rather an adventure to be embraced, a time to really think about what to do and what will make me happy. So, I've done it a little backwards but I guess my 'gap year' period (which I'll only be able to endure for a few months) begins now. So, its five years after matric, but hey, better late than never. I find myself in the fortunate position of happily living at home with no financial burdens, so I can afford to take this brief sabbatical before launching into the next phase of my life. I am beginning to see this time as a blessing, the only time in my life I will be able to sit, young, free and without the responsibility of a home and family and analyse my situation. This phase has come to a screeching halt so I need to ease into the next cautiously optimistic. And while this blog is truly self-indulgent, it always is a great release. And even if nobody reads it, I got all this off my chest. 'Til next time xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment